Join us in
We believe in mentoring
Childhood and adolescence are important development stages. They are vulnerable to various external influences or internal conflicts, hence, having a mentor is important. Mentors may not be able to see immediate results, as it is a process of change, but the experiences, worldviews, knowledge, advice and support given will leave much positive influences in the child/youth’s life to achieve success later on in life.
Volunteer Mentors play the biggest role in how effective we can be in effecting change. If you have a passion for children and are committed to making a difference, come join us! Let’s change lives today, ours and theirs.
- Lower school dropout rates with Increased school graduation rates
- Better attitude and more engagement in school
- Higher educational and life aspirations
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved behavior, both at home and at school
- Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Decreased likelihood of drug, crime and alcohol abuse
- Increased interest to give back later on in life
- A sense of accomplishment
- Increase in self-esteem
- Increase in support and network through meeting other volunteers
- Insight into childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood
- Increase in patience
- Improved supervisory skills
You will :
- Serve as a trusted friend and role model
- Build on mentee’s character and strengths
- Look out for teachable moments
- Reinforce learning from programme activities
- One-to-one mentoring sessions
- 4-8 hours/month
- At least for a one-year duration
- Willing to travel (within Singapore)
We will arrange Get-to-Know-You & Learn-and-share sessions to get to know a little more about you. After which training will be provided to ensure that you are equipped and supported in your role.
We are currently on the lookout for individuals who can support us in these specific roles:
We are looking for creatives who can help us with general content creation and the production of testimonial videos of our beneficiaries.
Volunteer Sign Up Form
Thank you for showing interest in being a Life Community Volunteer! Kindly fill in all the fields below and our Volunteer team will get in touch at the soonest!
You are on your way to making a difference in a child’s life!